Monday, February 28, 2011

Baby Shower Decorations

Building off the colors and theme I used on the invitations I created a few decorations for my sister's baby shower. It was fun to decorate my mom's house!

Some flags attached to toothpicks in the cupcakes:


A few pom-poms and paper medallions in with the roses and a doily under the vase:

A banner with more pom-poms to make the living room a bit more festive:


As a favor I decorated sugar cookies.

Don't look too closely as these were much harder than I anticipated and did not come out as professional looking as I hoped. Sweet Dani B always makes decorating look so easy on Martha! I think the trick is to get the icing the exact right consistency. It didn't help that we had to go on an unexpectedly long hunt for meringue powder and ended up decorating well past midnight! (note: you can find meringue power at Sur la Table or Michaels/AC Moore)

Besides the cookies, the other decorations were fun to make. The shower was timed perfectly. A short week later the little guy made an early appearance!


No comments: