Here's the finished product! (not the best photo conditions - my kitchen counter top!)
I purchased most of the supplies at Michael's, but found some better felt colors at an art supply store in Central Square.
I had a few variations on the original.
1) Used a combination of store bought berries (the darker, shiny ones) and hand-made felt ones. This was definitely a time-saver.
2) I ended up using a hot glue gun and glued the 2 layers of felt together to make the leaves. The instructions say to use fusible interfacing, but it was much faster and easier for me to use glue. I also switched up the colors more than the original.
3) Finally, maybe the most obvious change was that I created a full circular wreath. I thought my mom would be able to use it in more places and I was not exactly sure I wanted to put mine in a hanging frame. As shown in the bottom photo, I used a bit of ribbon to create a loop to hang the wreath.
This was my first time working with felt in a long time. I enjoyed it! Floral tape and wire can do some amazing things!